HLA and Search Strategy Resources
A successful transplant requires a high degree of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) match between the patient and donor or cord blood unit (CBU). Learn about the role of HLA in hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT), the latest selection guidelines, and donor and cord blood search strategies.
Self-Paced HLA Courses
- HLA & Search Strategy Interactive Learning Series
This series offers basic to advanced training to help you understand HLA and how it applies to HCT. Courses in this series include:
- 101: Biology of HLA
- 102: HLA Naming & Typing
- 103: HLA Search Results
- 201: Donor Selection
- HLA for the Rest of Us
If you have little to no knowledge of HLA and biology, this course is for you. Simple terms are used to describe what HLA is, why it matters, and how to communicate HLA to donors, patients, and the general public.
- Donor and Cord Blood Unit Selection Guidelines
Access the NMDP and CIBMTR evidence-based guidelines for selection of unrelated adult donors and umbilical cord blood units for transplantation.
HCT Graft Source Selection Guidelines Webinar Series
- HCT Graft Source Selection Guidelines: Donor Age
Learn about the impact of donor age as it relates to other characteristics used for selection of adult unrelated donors.
- HCT Graft Source Selection Guidelines: HLA-DPB1
Learn about the clinical relevance of two models—DPB1 TCE groups and DPB1 expression levels—and the impact of DPB1 matching on transplant outcomes.
- HCT Graft Source Selection Guidelines: DSA and Virtual Crossmatch
Learn about the impact of DSA on transplant outcomes and see a brief overview of the VXM tool in MatchSource.
- HCT Graft Source Selection: Cord Blood
Learn how to apply the HCT Graft Source Selection Guidelines to cord blood.
Search Strategy in MatchSource®
- MatchSource Master Class: Effective Search Management
Learn how to use functionality in MatchSource, get insider information on effective search management, and discover how adding outcomes research into MatchSource improves the results of your searches. The MatchSource Master Class series includes:
- Part 1: Entering Patients, Narrowing Search Results & Complex Searches
- Part 2: Optimizing International Searches & Ordering
- Part 3: Applying Science & Outcomes Research in MatchSource
- MatchSource Training and Resource
Access the MatchSource Interactive Training Guide and other resources to help you use MatchSource to search for and select unrelated adult donors and umbilical cord blood units (CBU).
HapLogic and HLA Typing Resources
Learn about the HapLogic matching algorithm, which identifies donors and cord blood units with the highest potential to match each patient.
- HLA Typing Resources
Access HLA typing resources.
HLA and Search Strategy Sessions at One Forum 2021
- Expanding Transplant Access to Diverse Populations Using Mismatched Unrelated Donor (MMUD) Therapies
Learn how recent research with mismatched unrelated donor (MMUD) therapies aims to expand access to transplant across diverse patient populations
- State of the Science: Navigating HLA-Matched and Mismatched Graft Sources
Listen to an in-depth discussion on the current science supporting the selection of HLA-matched and mismatched donors.
- Is Age Just a Number: How Donor and Patient
Age Can Both Impact Outcomes
Learn how age impacts patient outcomes—when it may be appropriate to consider older patients for HCT and why you should leverage younger donors.
Other On-Demand Webinars
- Strategies to Advance Donor Selection Process for Cell Therapies to Improve Outcomes
Hear from industry experts about research identifying HLA-B mismatches that are most optimal and which cause negative effects. Learn about an automated HLA-B leader matching assessment tool that can be used to help avoid mismatching for HLA-B alleles associated with higher risks for patients.