Helping You Through Every Step of Your Search
With every search—from preliminary search through donation—a Case Manager will be with you every step of the way. Using our “single point-of-contact” model, Transplant Center Coordinators work with an assigned case manager who provides assistance to manage patient cases and helps move the search through as quickly as you need.
Services Provided by Case Managers
All transplant centers receive support from a highly trained case manager who:
- Works closely with transplant center coordinators to understand center and patient-case-specific needs.
- Reviews patient cases and assists to identify and remove barriers to case progress.
- Assists in working with donor centers and cord blood banks to coordinate search requests.
- Helps access resources and various NMDP/Be The Match service options as needed.
Enhanced Case Management Services
We’ve enhanced our services to provide a higher level of support, at no additional cost. Our Case Managers can tailor these services to meet your center’s needs.
- Enhanced Search Strategy Advice: Review of your searches by our HLA experts, including detailed typing recommendations back to you in 3-5 days. Learn more.
- Case Status Reports. To keep your search moving forward and help you request new sources if necessary. Reports can include: Donor CT/HR/DR appointment dates, HR results received date and notifications when donors are released from the patient search. View example report (PDF).
- Weekly Workup Summary Reports: Quickly view and share workup progress with a report of key dates during the donor workup process including, donor physical exam appointment, pre-collection draw, clearance, patient prep, and collection/shipment dates. View example report (PDF).
- Electronic Forms Reporting: Our Lab Services Staff will work with your lab to set up electronic forms reporting. Once set up, you’ll experience: elimination of paper Form 117 and/or Form 22, more immediate HLA results from Traxis®, reduced potential for submission errors.
Contact your NMDP ®/Be The Match® Case Manager to discuss which services are right for you.
Case Manager Directory
Access the Case Management Directory for a listing of all case managers.
- General toll-free number: (800) 548-1375 – use this number and the extension listed for the Case Management staff member
- International callers: 01-612-884-8275
- Fax Number: (612) 627-5810
- After-hours Case Manager on-call: (651) 229-3489 – for use in emergencies only (after hours, weekends and holidays)