Patient and Donor Confidentiality
We are committed to protecting the identity and privacy of all patients and donors, and, as such, we comply with all applicable local, federal, and international laws.
The forms below detail our confidentiality policies. If you have any questions on a form or policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Confidential Information Policy (PDF): Policy to protect against unauthorized disclosure or use of confidential information.
- Confidential Information Standard Operating Procedure (Donor/Patient Confidentiality) (PDF): Procedures for protection of confidential information and response to disclosures of such information.
- Confidentiality Guidelines for Working with the Media (PDF): Guidelines for protecting donor and patient confidentiality when working with the media.
- Social Media Best Practices
Discover how social media has impacted our network centers, what the outcomes have been and what we can do to successfully use social media.
- Guidelines for Social Media Sharing: Guidelines for donors to use when sharing donation information on social media websites.
- Social Media Confidentiality Guidelines for Network Partners (PDF): Guidelines for social media best practices for maintaining donor and patient confidentiality.
- International Policies Regarding Post-Transplant Communications between Donors and Recipients (XLSX): Listing of international cooperative registries, donor centers, and transplant centers, and their policies regarding communication between donor and recipient and patient updates.
- Review & Exchange of Post-Transplant Anonymous Correspondence & Gifts (PDF)
Procedure for effectively reviewing and submitting to the NMDP cards, letters, and gifts to be exchanged between donors and receipients after transplant.