Policies & Protocols
Access policies and procedures designed to help Network transplant centers work effectively with the NMDP.
- TC Manual of Operations: provides information on searching for, selecting and obtaining an unrelated hematopoietic marrow donor, blood stem cell donor, or cord blood unit (CBU) for transplant
- Donor Release Criteria: describes the minimum level of a match required between a donor and recipient prior to transplant
- Confirmatory Typing Policy: outlines the minimum requirements for Confirmatory HLA Typing of patients and unrelated volunteer adult donors
- GRID (Global Registration Identifier for Donors): explains the new global registration identifier for donors and next steps to implementing the GRID standard for donors from the Be The Match Registry.
- Disposition of Donors, CBUs and Specimens: describes the handling of remaining portions of donor products cord blood and specimens
- Subsequent Donations Policy: provides information on requests for subsequent donations for one or more recipients
- Patient/Donor Confidentiality Policies: describe how we protect the identity and privacy of patients and donors
- Research Protocols: includes the PBSC protocol, the cord blood protocol (10-CBA) and more
- Continuous Process Improvement: provides information on CPI requirements
- FDA Reference Guide: provides links to information, regulations and training regarding FDA requirements
- NMDP Non-compliance Policy for Network Centers: describes the process followed when a Network Center is subject to probation, suspension (including summary suspension), termination, or other loss of participation privileges due to non-compliance.
- Data Use and Processing Policies: Refer to these policies for standards surrounding the processing of personal data of EU residents.
- Business Travel and Expense Policy: applies to all business travel and expenses incurred by individuals authorized to travel on behalf of the Organization with the exception of donor and courier travel. To view, use Internet Explorer.