Local Provider Partnership
Partnering locally to develop solutions alongside your team
Different transplant centers have different needs. But, each has the same goal: to provide the best treatment and outcome for patients when they need it most. That’s why we created the Local Provider Partnership program to proactively adapt to your evolving needs in the pursuit to save more lives through cellular therapy.
Our NMDP/Be The Match Clinical Operations Partner will work locally, developing solutions alongside your team. Your Clinical Operations Partner provides real-time consultation to all members of your team to:
- Break down barriers to cell therapy access
- Decrease time to transplant or another cell therapy
- Provide more visibility and transparency into NMDP/Be The Match programs and services for the right patients at the right time
- Share research and data from the CIBMTR® (Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research®), our research collaboration with the Medical College of Wisconsin
By being present at your center, we can customize your experience with the NMDP/Be The Match in a way that works best for your team and provide a faster and more accurate response to your needs. This allows for continuous innovation as we work to improve our service levels for you and outcomes for patients.
Local Provider Partnership program details
How your Clinical Operations Partner will work with your team
The Local Provider Partnership program isn’t exactly the same at every center. We want to meet your center’s specific needs in the way that works best for you.
While the Clinical Operations Partner role is intentionally flexible, core responsibilities remain the same for every Clinical Operations Partner:
- Enhance communication and collaboration to bridge the gap between NMDP/Be The Match processes and the transplant center’s needs
- Discuss center-specific data
- Meet regularly with the transplant center team to provide updates on initiatives and resources that could improve time to transplant for your patients
- Provide research and data from the CIBMTR
- Act as the point of escalation for urgent situations.
Your Clinical Operations Partner will work side-by-side with your team to identify the areas where he or she can best support your center’s unique needs and challenges. You’ll work together to decide how often he or she should be onsite with your team.
"Working alongside my transplant centers allows me to serve as their voice within NMDP/Be The Match and tailor my support to positively impact patient care.”
–Marissa Jack, Clinical Operations Partner, Local Provider Partnership Program, NMDP/Be The Match
Based in San Francisco
How your Clinical Operations Partner and Case Manager support your team
The Clinical Operations Partner and Case Manager work as a team to support your program. Your Case Manager will continue to be your contact for all your patient cases.
Your Clinical Operations Partner works with you as a strategic partner to understand your needs and challenges, bring those needs and challenges back to our broader NMDP/Be The Match and CIBMTR teams, and work together to develop solutions.
In addition, your Clinical Operations Partner can help identify NMDP/Be The Match services that could benefit a specific patient case—such as Related Donor Services or patient financial assistance—to enable your team to stay focused on caring for patients.
"By working to understand my transplant centers' needs, I'm able to observe areas where NMDP/Be The Match programs and services could help to improve treatment timelines for their patients”
–Hector Ortiz-Sierra, MD, Clinical Operations Partner, Local Provider Partnership Program, NMDP/Be The Match
Based in Miami, Florida
Get started with the Local Provider Partnership program
As the first step to establishing this enhanced partnership, request a phone call or email by filling out the form below. Brianna Springer, Director, Local Provider Partnership, will connect with you within 3 business days.