Related Donor Services
Our Related Donor Services can help you overcome donor travel, logistical and financial barriers. Leveraging our network, we can minimize a related donor’s travel by providing sample and stem cell collection services at a center close to where the donor lives using processes very similar to how you work with us for unrelated donor collections. Services include:
- Sample Collection and Typing: Collection of related donor samples and delivery to your center or our labs for HLA typing. Options include: buccal swabs from U.S. or international donors or blood samples from U.S. donors (up to 50ml).
- Workup and Collection (adult donors only): Once you’ve selected a related donor for transplant, we can facilitate the workup and collection which includes: related donor evaluation, including a medical exam, the HPC,Apheresis, HPC,Marrow and/or MNC,Aphereis collection, and product transportation.
- Subsequent Workup and Collection (adult donors only): The NMDP is able to assist in facilitating a subsequent donation request for a related adult donor regardless if the primary donation was performed at the TC or through the NMDP. The subsequent donation workup and collection includes related donor evaluation, the HPC,Apheresis, HPC,Marrow and/or MNC,Apheresis collection, and product transportation.
How to Order
To request these services, simply complete and submit the appropriate form(s) to your Case Manager:
Sample Collection and Typing
Workup and Collection (adult donors only)
Subsequent Workup and Collection (adult donors only)
- F01090, Related Donor Information for Subsequent Donation Workup Request
- F01047, Subsequent Donor Workup Request
- F00235, NMDP Prescription for MNC,Apheresis (MNC,Apheresis requests only)
View Case Studies
See Tamanna’s story to learn how she overcame
distance and other logistical barriers to donate to her mother.
Patients whose related transplant is facilitated by us will have access to our of our patient services and grants:
- Patient Assistance Grants: For search and post-transplant expenses.
- Educational Resources: Free print and online patient resources for all stages of transplant.
- Specialized Programs: Innovative support programs you can use with your patients, caregivers and families.
Related donors in the U.S. whose collection is facilitated by us will receive the full support and benefits we provide to our volunteer unrelated donors, including:
- Travel and meal reimbursement
- Financial assistance
- Donor education
In cases where a donor is located outside the U.S., we would work with neighboring international registries to facilitate the donor's workup.
Our related donor HLA testing services are competitively priced, while offering the best-in-class testing and 3-day turnaround times. Pricing for U.S. Related Donor Workup and Collection is less than $25,000. International pricing varies depending on partnering registry costs. View fee schedule for details.