Biorepository Research Samples and Services
If your research program needs access to HLA-characterized samples, storage for your sample inventory or sample management services, you can rely on our expertise.
Have you ever wanted to know about where the millions of buccal swabs end up? Curious about those donor and recipient research samples? View some of the key activities at the biorepository with short video tours. No travel required!
Available HLA-Characterized Samples for Your Research
Through our Research Sample Repository, you can access more than 1.4 million sample aliquots, including:
- HLA-characterized samples with detailed demographics; subsets include additional genetic typing data (e.g., KIR)
- Adult normal donor samples
- Paired samples from related and unrelated hematopoietic cell transplant recipient/donors/cord blood unit with complete, validated clinical outcome data from the CIBMTR Observational Database. The majority of the paired samples have complete high-resolution data available for HLA-A, B, C, DRB1/3/4/5, DQ and DP loci.
Samples in the Research Sample Repository are stored as:
- Whole blood
- Cryopreserved whole blood
- Blood spotted on filter paper
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC)—viable and non-viable
- B-Lymphoblastoid cell lines (B-LCL)—viable and non-viable
- Whole genome amplified DNA
Depending on your need, you may request samples for two types of studies:
- Studies that include correlation with recipient clinical outcome data
- Studies that do not require clinical outcome data.
Services for Your Samples
If you need sample collection kits, processing, storage and retrieval services for your samples, you can rely on us. We manage more than 12 million samples, in support of the Be The Match Registry, the Research Sample Repository, the Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT CTN) and other research programs in our 40,000 sq. ft. biorepository. Our staff has extensive expertise in buccal swab sample collection and storage in addition to our expertise in blood sample storage.
We can help you save time and money:
Collect and process your samples:
- Order sample collection kits, customized to your specifications, with same day order services if needed.
- Use our centralized sample processing, which includes HLA testing services and cryopreservation for future needs.
Store and access your samples on demand:
- Controlled storage conditions, including low humidity/room temperature, -30°C, -80°C, or liquid nitrogen conditions
- Quick access to sample inventory
We are ready to assist you with access to our samples or servicing your samples. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific sample needs.