HLA for the Rest of Us: An Introduction to HLA and Matching for Non-Science Folks
If you have little to no knowledge of HLA and biology, this fun session is for you. Simple terms are used to describe what HLA is, why it matters, and how to communicate HLA to donors, patients, and the general public. Figure out what all fuss is about and what HLA is…for the rest of us.
Access the Program
Please log in to the NMDP/Be The Match Learning Center.
- Returning users: Log on to the Learning Center
- New users: Create an account in the Learning Center using the link on page 1 of the User Guide for Network Members (PDF).
- NMDP/Be The Match Employees: Access the Learning Center.
NMDP/Be The Match partners with little to no knowledge of HLA
- Describe the basic biology of HLA
- Apply basic HLA concepts to case examples
Contact Education and Training with any questions at email@example.com
Immunogenetic Operations & Research spearheaded the creation of the HLA education series with the help of Case Management and NMDP Education and Training. The Immunogenetic Operations & Research department is responsible for understanding the scientific aspects of hematopoietic cell transplantation data, ensuring the timely acquisition and validation of these data for searching patients, and translating the evolving science into actionable policies, practices, and services.