Overcoming Barriers During COVID-19: Navigating Related Donor Transplant
During the COVID-19 pandemic, partnerships are essential to ensure the safe delivery of donor products to patients. You’ll learn how the National Marrow Donor Program®(NMDP)/Be The Match® and ASTCT are supporting our Network, transplant patients and donors.
Our expert panelists will discuss:
- An overview of the challenges faced by the transplant community during COVID-19
- The importance of domestic and international partnerships in overcoming barriers
- Strategies and processes implemented to ensure continuity of patient safety and care
- Related Donor Services offered by the NMDP/Be The Match to support related donors and patients by resolving travel, logistical, and financial challenges during COVID-19
- Related donor success stories, highlighting how obstacles to collection and transplant have been overcome
- Julie Smolich, Senior Vice President, Provider Services, NMDP/Be The Match
- Steven Devine, MD, Chief Medical Officer, NMDP/Be The Match, Associate Scientific Director, CIBMTR®
- Miguel-Angel Perales, MD, Chief, Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Sara Hall, LCSW, Oncology Social Worker, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University
Visit our Related donor collections during COVID-19 webpage for information on how to get started with Related Donor Services.