NMDP Confidentiality Training
Protecting the rights and privacy of transplant recipients and blood stem cell donors is a priority for the National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match.
As part of our commitment to maintaining confidentiality, the NMDP/Be The Match has established the following training requirement for all Network centers.
All Network center employees who work directly with the NMDP/Be The Match will complete training on the principles of maintaining donor and patient confidentiality in the unrelated donor transplant setting.
This is an on-demand self-paced eLearning course. The course is approximately 30 minutes long. You can stop and resume at any point during the training. The course may be repeated as often as you wish. At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe why adhering to confidentiality standards is important.
- Access the Confidential Information Policy (P00023) and Standard Operating Procedure (S00339).
- Apply best practices that protect confidentiality.
- Describe how to report confidentiality breaches.
- Define Personally Identifiable Information.
If you have questions regarding the training, please contact your center's primary coordinator for NMDP/Be The Match.
Access the Training
Key Reference Materials
Find policies, procedures, and other reference materials on the Patient-Donor Confidentiality page