Path of Samples from Registration to Confirmatory Typing
Gain an understanding of the sample collection path from registration of a new registry member’s buccal swab to confirmatory typing (CT). This presentation will include an explanation of buccal swabs storage in the repository and HLA lab testing. Additionally, this session will provide a description of donor typing request options - high resolution (HR), confirmatory typing (CT), and typing at DRB1 (DR) – and the processes involved, including the shipment of samples and testing of infectious disease markers (IDMs).
- Transplant Center Coordinators, nurses, social workers, and other members of the patient’s transplant team who each play various roles throughout the patient’s transplant process
- Donor Center Coordinators who are responsible for working directly with donors and educating and counseling them throughout the evaluation and collection processes.
- Describe the sample pathway from registration of a new member to Confirmatory Testing
- Explain testing options available for Customized Testing, and Confirmatory Testing
- Incorporate donor center operational efficiencies in sample management to support the transplant center needs
- Danielle Johnson, BS
- Dina Yushkevich, MNM, BAS
Please note: Continuing education credits are not available for this course. However, upon completion of the evaluation, participants will receive a certificate of completion for the activity.