Donor Center Staff Training
Browse courses and resources for donor eligibility determination, new staff training, workup, planning, and HLA education.
Staff Education and Resources
- Reduced Testing: What DCs Need to Know About the Elimination of Routine CXR and EKG in the Donor PE (e-learning module)
- Crisscrossing Systems: Understanding how STAR Link®, Traxis®, and the Case Management Application communicate (webex registration)
Attend this webinar on August 30, to learn how NMDP/Be The Match's 3 systems work together and which fields communicate.
- Donor Eligibility Determination: Update for DC staff (new)
E-learning modules to understand donor eligibility determination process changes, including new and revised forms, an "incomplete" eligibility status option, and processes to update/amend donor eligibility post-collection.
- NMDP Confidentiality Training
Guidelines and procedures training for all Network staff members to protect the privacy transplant recipients and blood stem cell donors.
- Donor Center Coordinator Training
Learn about the 2.5 day training session and prerequisite training, intended for new Donor Center staff.
- Donor Management Training Costs
Understand costs associated with our onsite Donor Center staff training.
- Filgrastim Resources
Resources and tools for ordering filgrastim and staff training on the ordering and receiving process.
- Health History Screening Questionnaires
Latest versions of NMDP Health History Questionnaires.
- HLA Education Series
This series offers basic to advanced training on the role of HLA in cellular transplantation.
- HLA and Typing Resources
Resources for general and specific information on human leukocyte antigen (HLA) typing.
- Infectious Disease Resources
Understand Infectious Disease Markers (IDM) tests and reporting.
- Long-Term Donor Follow-Up Study
Resources and training for a long-term follow-up data collection on NMDP marrow and PBSC donors.
- Subsequent Donations: One More Time (PDF)
To provide a clear explanation for discussion with donors, donor center staff should be confident in their understanding of the rationale for a subsequent donation request. These requests may be part of a research protocol and can also present difficult ethical issues or concerns for staff.
- Ultimate Multitasking: Multiple Donors at Workup (PDF)
Discover a new perspective on the issues faced from both sides when multiple donors are requested for workup.
- Research, Protocols, and Informed Consent Training
Training for staff who contact and educate donors about NMDP/CIBMTR research studies or protocols that donors can enroll in after making an informed decision to consent to participate.
- Workup Plan Training
Self-paced training to learn the Workup Plan process including how to complete, save, and submit a Workup Plan.
- Fortifying the Union - Donor Centers and Case Management Webinar
Recorded webinar about what it’s like to work in Case Management and how communication can be enhanced between DCs and CM. Access Fortifying the Union (PPT) presentation with notes.