The draft version of 25th edition NMDP Standards, as approved by the National Marrow Donor Program® / Be The Match® Board of Directors, are posted for public comment.
This new edition is streamlined to build on the evolution of clinical care and quality oversight within the cellular therapy industry, including hematopoietic cell transplant. The pillars of this evolution include minimal requirements for accreditation, network participation, and enhanced bi-directional communication through our representatives to external standards setting organizations. With this strong legacy of leadership, NMDP will continue to influence the standards setting landscape, working with our partner organizations to protect donors, save lives, and seek continuous quality improvement.
As noted above, the 25th Edition is significantly abbreviated. Today, all of the requirements in Standards currently exist in other documents. The streamlined version points to these other documents.
NMDP Standards 25th Edition - effective on January 30, 2023
NMDP Standards Training for the 25th Edition Standards, effective January 30, 2023
NMDP standards are designed to ensure that donors and patients receive high-quality care and that government standards are met.
- U.S. Apheresis and Collection Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- International Collection Facility Participation Criteria (PDF)
- U.S. Donor Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- NMDP Participation Criteria for International Donor Centers and Registries (PDF)
- Recruitment Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- U.S. Transplant Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- International Transplant Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
Cord Blood Banks
- Member Cord Blood Bank Participation Criteria (PDF)
- NMDP Current Inventory Requirements for New Cord Blood Units (PDF)
Participation center criteria comments, suggestions or questions are welcome, and can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments, suggestions or questions related to the NMDP Standards are welcome, and can be made by emailing email@example.com