HLA Education Series
Learn more about the role of HLA in transplantation and identification of the best match for patients in need of transplant through our online education modules.
Access the Series
The HLA education series modules can be found in the online catalog of our Learning Center.
To Get Started
Please log in to the NMDP/Be The Match Learning Center.
- Returning users: Log on to the Learning Center
- New users: Create an account in the Learning Center using the link on page 1 of the User Guide for Network Members (PDF).
- NMDP/Be The Match Employees: Access the Learning Center.
- Introduction to HLA
- Basic Biology of HLA
- Advanced Biology of HLA
- Genetics of HLA
- HLA Frequencies
- HLA Matching: Clinical Studies
- HLA Nomenclature and Typing Resolution
- Special HLA Considerations
Contact the Education and Training team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immunogenetic Operations & Research spearheaded the creation of the HLA education series with the help of Case Management and NMDP Education and Training. The Immunogenetic Operations & Research department is responsible for understanding the scientific aspects of hematopoietic cell transplantation data, ensuring the timely acquisition and validation of these data for searching patients, and translating the evolving science into actionable policies, practices, and services.