This annual meeting is held for the NMDP/Be The Match to collectively address the challenges of unrelated marrow and cord blood transplants for patients in need, and provide an event for partners to gather and share ideas.
Council Meeting Objectives
To recognize, inspire, educate and collaborate with our Network partners as we share innovative best practices that will enable us to collectively save more patients' lives.
Attendees have the opportunity to network and share ideas with colleagues from around the world. They also interact with product and service providers essential to our industry.
Council meeting includes:
- Opening general session featuring updates by National Marrow Donor Program®/Be The Match® CEO, Jeffrey Chell, M.D.
- Concurrent education sessions on topics related to clinical and scientific research, health care policy, and patient and donor advocacy
- Friday evening reception and networking opportunity
- Saturday closing dinner, featuring a keynote presentation and donor/recipient meeting
The NMDP/Be The Match is the hub of a worldwide network of more than 500 leading medical facilities in marrow and cord blood transplantation. Patients in need of an unrelated transplant depend on the NMDP/Be The Match to find a matching marrow donor or cord blood unit. Each month, more than 520 patients receive transplants through this network. Since 1987, the NMDP/Be The Match has facilitated more than 61,000 transplants to give patients a second chance at life.
Be The Match Foundation®, the fundraising partner of the NMDP/Be The Match, works to secure private support to advance the NMDP/Be The Match's mission.
Who Should Attend
This annual meeting is held for the NMDP/Be The Match network to collectively address the challenges of unrelated marrow and cord blood transplants for patients in need. Network partners, nurses, laboratory technologists and other health care professionals in the hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) field are encouraged to attend.
Attendees include the following:
- Transplant Center Coordinators and other members of the patient's transplant team each play various roles throughout the patient's transplant process, which include selecting unrelated donors, educating and counseling patients and their families and providing direct patient care.
- Donor Center Coordinators are responsible for working directly with donors, educating and counseling them throughout the evaluation and collection process.
- Apheresis and Collection Center Coordinators manage the peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) and/or bone marrow collection process, ensuring donor health and wellbeing and adherence to quality practices related to product collection.
- Cord Blood Bank Representatives manage all aspects of collection, typing and storage of cord blood units.
- Community Engagement Representatives are responsible for engaging community members in the mission of the NMDP/Be The Match, raising funds to support all aspects of the mission and recruiting new members to the Be The Match Registry®.
Council Meeting Education Session Recordings and Slide Sets
Access a listing of session recordings and downloadable slides to learn more about the latest research and network best practices.
Future Council Meeting Dates
Council Meetings will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on:
- Nov. 6-7, 2015
- Nov. 11-12, 2016
- Nov. 10-11, 2017
- Nov. 9-10, 2018
Please contact Lisa Schuler, Council Meeting Planner, at email@example.com or call 1(800) 526-7809 or 1(612) 465-7852.