National Marrow Donor Program® 22nd Edition Standards and Glossary (effective May 1, 2014), replaces the 21st Edition Standards, (effective October 1, 2011).
The NMDP Standards are reviewed on a 2 year cycle. As part of this review process, we invite comments from the public on the content of the NMDP Standards. Send your comments at any time to email@example.com. Please include the justification for any proposed changes. The Standards Advisory Group will review and evaluate all comments with the next revision cycle.
The NMDP Standards Advisory Group has approved an Interim Standard for Section 4.0000 of the 22nd Edition of the NMDP Standards: Criteria for Participating Cord Blood Banks. Please note this interim standard with any updates to your facility’s policies, procedures or processes. All changes will be incorporated with the next edition in the scheduled course of review.
Proposed 23rd Edition NMDP Standards
On May 1, 2015, the NMDP/Be The Match posted proposed changes to the 22nd Edition of NMDP Standards. We would greatly appreciate comments related to these proposed changes.
Please view the proposed changes to the 22nd Edition of NMDP Standards via the link below. Please submit questions or comments related to content and accuracy to the Standards Advisory Group by May 31, 2015. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the justification for any proposed changes.
The Standards Advisory Group will review and evaluate all comments, submitting the proposed changes to the NMDP/Be The Match Board of Directors for final approval.
For ease of review a redlined and clean copy of the proposed 23rd Edition Standards and a Record of Change are included.
- Draft NMDP 23rd Edition Standards, Redlined (DOC)
- Draft NMDP 23rd Edition, Clean Copy (PDF)
- Record of Change 23rd Edition Standards (DOC)
- NMDP 22nd Edition, Standards and Glossary (PDF) (effective May 1, 2014
- Interim Standard 4.4130, 22nd Edition (PDF) (effective October 1, 2014)
Center-Specific Participation Criteria
NMDP standards are designed to ensure that donors and patients receive high-quality care and that government standards are met.
- Apheresis Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- Collection Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- Cord Blood Bank:
- Donor Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- NMDP Participation Criteria for International Donor Centers and Registries (PDF)
- Recruitment Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
- Transplant Center Participation Criteria (PDF)
Non-Compliance Policy for Network Centers
This Policy describes the process followed when a Network Center fails to adhere to NMDP Participation Requirements.
- Non-Compliance Policy for Network Centers v. 5.0
Current Version of the Non-Compliance Policy for Network Centers.
Participation center criteria comments, suggestions or questions are welcome, and can be made by e-mailing email@example.com.
Comments, suggestions or questions related to the NMDP Standards are welcome, and can be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.